Senior Finished Artist
Attention all seasoned Finished Artists! Are you passionate about delivering impeccable finished artwork? We’re excited to announce a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Finished Artist to join our vibrant creative team in Melbourne! As a key member of our team, you’ll be responsible for consistently producing high-quality artwork within designated time frames, demonstrating a proactive, solution-oriented approach.
To excel in this role, candidates should possess extensive experience in both print and digital media, with a minimum of 7 years in the field. At Scooter, we offer a nurturing and collaborative work environment where creativity and innovation are celebrated. Ready to take the next step in your career journey? Apply today!
Make certain that every artwork project is completed within the established timelines and adheres to creative standards. Collaborate closely with designers and directors. The role of a finished artist demands outstanding attention to detail, along with the capability to transform creative layouts into finished artwork, prepared for both production and digital-ready states. This position emphasises technical precision in addition to creative proficiency.
Responsibilities or Duties
Summary of duties include, but are not limited to, the below:
- Refining and preparing for print advertising and marketing material such as catalogues, point of sale, packaging, and press advertising in line with brand requirements
- Enhancing and readying digital assets for distribution to creative partners and our clients. This includes digital advertising, social media assets, and various brand collateral and elements.
- Create/finish artwork and material as briefed by the designers to a print-ready standard
- Contour, retouch, and colour-correct images
- Perform image retouching tasks at different levels of complexity.
- Ad hoc tasks for the account service team
- Ensuring proper typography, layout, and visual hierarchy in all finished artwork
- Implementing design enhancements based on creative feedback
- Adapting to evolving design requirements and incorporating changes as needed
- Experience in desktop publishing/page layout in InDesign, Illustrator and PowerPoint
- High level of understanding of printing and pre-press
- Attention to detail with an eye for great design
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload within tight deadlines, using problem solving skills
- 7+ years relevant agency experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capability to function effectively in a dynamic and collaborative team setting
- Formal design qualifications an advantage
- Familiar with the Mac environment, including basic troubleshooting skills
- Interest in photography and retouching skills
- Keen interest in personal growth and upskilling
- Must be able to work in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Maintain up-to-date server filing and documentation to provide a clear history of a client’s job
and facilitate access by others.
- Adept at managing timesheets with precision, documenting flow structures, tasks, and project milestones promptly and accurately
- Upon concluding tasks, the responsibility includes packing files, archiving them on the server, and consistently managing a well-organised job folder
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required for the role
- Finished art background is essential
- Excellent understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Adaptable and flexible with changes in decisions and procedures
- Ability to anticipate and quickly absorb new information
- Outstanding time management skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Experience with web application Figma
- Understanding of HTML / EDM design layouts
- After Effects for basic animation and editing
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Enjoyment (work, life balance flexibility, culture)
- Integrity (honest, ethical, trusting and fair)
- Collaborative (internally and externally)