Scooter Creative Pty Ltd (ACN 051 775 556) (we, us) conducts business in Australia. We take our privacy obligations seriously and take care to protect personal information given to us.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you from our interactions with you including through our website, our social media channels, telephone conversations, e-mails and other written and verbal communications with you.
We may, by way of example, collect your:
- e-mail address;
- telephone number;
- information you supply when submitting forms on our website, including in relation to any competition or award we offer; and
- any other information provided by you to us.
We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organisations.
How will we use your information?
We will primarily use your personal information to provide our website and services to you and, for example:
- to communicate with you;
- for record keeping purposes;
- to improve the quality of our service;
- for market research;
- to track activity on our website;
- to provide you with information about our business and services, including marketing or promotional material; and
- to conduct our business and provide customer support.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose personal information about you to:
- third party service providers and other suppliers to us where it is necessary or desirable to enable us to provide our services (including service providers that we engage to undertake data processing activities on our behalf, debt collectors and ratings agencies);
- those who work for us (whether as an employee or a contractor);
- our officers and related bodies corporate;
- any relevant government authority, where we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary to enforce our rights;
- any entity with which we merge (or proposed to merge) or by which we are acquired (or proposed to be acquired); or
- any other person where required or permitted by any law.
All third-party service providers and other suppliers to us, to whom your personal information is disclosed, are only given access to that information to enable them to perform their obligations to us and for no other purpose.
We use your personal information to notify you of services that we are able to offer you from time to time. You may opt out of receiving any publications, newsletter, or other marketing product at any time.
We generally do not collect any personal information that could be classified as sensitive information. If we do collect sensitive information, it will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected by us or for a directly related secondary purpose.
Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of your country of residency.
A third party to whom we give your personal information may not be in your country of residency or may transfer and store that information outside that country (Overseas Recipient). We will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). However, Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs, and you agree that subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your personal information to an Overseas Recipient. If an Overseas Recipient handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
We may use products (such as Google Analytics) to collect, review and analyse audience statistics relating to our social media engagement and the operation of our website.
Cookies and tracking technology
We may use a standard technology called ‘cookies’ on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Cookies that are used in any part of our website will not be utilised for collecting personally identifiable information and will only be used for internal management purposes. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you.
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about a third party (such as your directors, employees or someone you have business dealing with) please make sure that you are allowed to give us that information to us.
In any event, we will treat any personal information we receive in accordance with this policy.
Security of information
We take a range of measures to ensure that your personal information is secure. These include:
- ensuring that the information we collect is stored in a secure environment and protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- by restricting access to your information to the employees, contractors and agents who require that information in order to provide you with our products or services; and
- backing up the information on a secure server.
From time to time, we may change our security and privacy policies.
Updating and correcting information
You can contact us to update or correct your personal information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your right to access your personal information
You will need to prove your identity before we can grant you access. Note that access may be denied if one of the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act applies.
A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information.
How to contact us